Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Mid-Morning Snack

This morning we had oatmeal for breakfast and in the process of cleaning up I accidentally left the brown sugar on the kitchen table. I passed by the table a couple of times in between answering the phone and changing diapers and made a mental note, "Oh yeah, don't forget to put that away before the kids get into it." But of course, I went on to answer the phone, change that diaper, empty the trash, unload the dishwasher, etc. all the while forgetting that the sugar was on the table. When it came time to vacuum I put Jonathan in his high chair with a couple of graham crackers so he wouldn't be under foot. A few minutes later I walked by and saw that Jonathan had completely smashed his crackers into a pile of tiny crumbs. Then I thought, "You know, I bet Aden did that. What a stinker!" So then I looked at Aden (who was sitting on the couch) and he too had a huge pile of tiny crushed graham crackers next to him. And then I thought, "Wait, I didn't give Aden graham crackers." Well, at that point it took about two seconds for me to realize that those two piles weren't graham crackers at all...they were piles of BROWN SUGAR! Aden helped himself to a pile and like the sweet thoughtful brother that he is gave Jonathan a pile too.

Jonathan digging in to his oh-so-healthy snack.

"Um Mom, can I get that bowl back please?"

4 comments:

Katie Scott said...

Hi! I found your blog through your facebook page. Your boys are adorable and it is fun to see what is going on with you and Daniel. It's been a long time since our UCD days! We have a blog too:
http://www.scottfamilyupdates.blogspot.com/
Katie (Marler) Scott

Courtney said...

Hmm...at least you already had the vacuum out so you were ready to clean up that mess! And isn't it nice that Aden shares without being asked? :-)

Wendy said...

That's too cute that Aden shared! :)

akiliane said...

Such a cute little story