Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sweet Seriousness




On Saturday we had a "Pancake" breakfast at our house with friends from Bible Study and Summer managed to sneak in some photos of the boys. My two favorites actually capture them with looks of seriousness on their face. Of course, it is a sweet seriousness =) Daniel and I decided that this picture of Jonathan really resembles some of the baby pictures we have of Daniel and of his brother Jacob. If I can find the pictures I'm thinking of I'll try to post them for comparison sake.

By the way, I say "Pancake" in quotations because we actually enjoyed yummy Belgian waffles, a tasty egg casserole, and some fresh summer fruit (strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe) while the pancakes (although good as well) were more of a filler...something to munch on while waiting for the waffles to come off the iron one at a time.

Jacob and Stacy joined us for the breakfast as well and then spent the afternoon hanging out with us and the boys. We played out back for quite a while (the kiddie pool, sprinklers, etc.) and then while the boys napped we enjoyed a game of "Bohnanza". Daniel won (surprise surprise, I'd say he wins 90% of the games we play!) but at least I managed to give him a run for his money. =) Anyway, later that night when I was putting Aden to bed I asked him what his favorite part of the day was. He got a big smile on his face and his eyes lit up and he said, "Play a sprinklers with Uncle Jakey!" It was so cute! He just loves Jake and Stacy! What a blessing it is to have them so close to us.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Stacey was saying how Aden says "a" after every word - that is so cute :)

Aimee said...

Yeah, he says things like:
"Mommy a go a store." and "Jonathan a eat a cereal." and "Daddy a make a bread." It's pretty cute!