Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Decoding Toddler-ese

Aden is talking so much these days and we just get a kick out of the things he says. I thought I'd share a few...

What he says:

1) "Daddy a oda on!"
2) "My hode a foon!"
3) "Daddy a fick it a ba-duh-dee?"
4) "1, 2, 3, 9, 8"
5) "My push a Jonatin a drollo!"
6) "Mommy a paydo a kib a Jonatin too!"
7) "I see it a mokeycycle?"
8) "Uh put a gobbles on?"

What it means:

1) "Daddy's gonna mow the lawn!"
2) "I want to hold the spoon!"
3) "Daddy, can you put new batteries in this?"
4) His counting...what happened to 4, 5, 6, and 7? And since when does 9 come before 8?
5) "I want to push Jonathan in the stroller!"
6) "Mommy, can Jonathan and I play together in the crib with Mr. Potato Head?"
7) "Can I go see that motorcycle?"
8) "Can you help me get these swim goggles on?"

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That is hysterical!!! Good for you for figuring it all out! :)

Katie Scott said...

I love it! That was a very cute post. In response to your question, we recently bought a house in Fair Oaks, near Sacramento. It is crazy to try to unpack and decorate with a 6 month old to entertain!