Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In the Span of a Week...

she has gone from being a very unsteady sitter upper...couldn't be left unattended!

To a very proficient sitter upper...she'll sit and play all day!

To a girl who thinks, "That looks interesting...I bet I could get over there!"

To a crawling girl!

To a "getting into mischief" girl!

To a "pulling up on everything" girl!

To a "so proud of herself" girl!

Seriously, it is like a switch was flipped! She's crazy! I guess wanting to keep up with her brothers is powerful motivation! On Saturday I told Daniel that she was starting to try to pull up on things and that we needed to lower her crib mattress. (It was still on the top-most/infant setting!) He lowered it on Sunday and this is how I found her after her nap on Monday! She was SO smiley and giddy and totally proud of herself. It was very cute!
And by the way...she is my earliest crawler and puller upper by at least a month! And she got her first teeth two months sooner than her brothers too! She means business, this girl!

At one point today she crawled over to me and pulled up on my pant legs and started fussing...I looked at the clock and realized that it was time to nurse her. It was neat to see her communicate in that way. And then when Daniel came home from work today he got down on his knees and said, "Hi Elizabeth!" She flashed him a sweet smile and crawled right over to him and gave him a little snuggle. It was precious!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness Aimee, that sweet smile is trouble! Must melt your hearts! She is adorable, what a busy, motivated girl!!!

Mandy said...

NOnononono!!! I'm not ready for any of that stuff yet! None of that moving around and standing up and not staying where I put you. Hopefully Avery will take her time. That girl of yours is WAY too sweet. :-)