On Friday morning Mimi and I got some coffee and scones and headed to the park with the kids while my dad and Carla attended a timeshare meeting. We had such a nice time visiting, sipping our coffee, and enjoying our scones. It was nice to have some one-on-one time with Mimi.
My sweet Mimi with my sweet baby girl!
What a blessing this woman is to me! She has always been such a supportive and loving grandmother and she was always so proud of me and my cousins growing up. I'm so thankful that we were able to maintain a strong bond as grandmother and granddaughter despite the geographical distance that has separated us most of my life. Now that I am an adult, wife, and mother she and I have an ever sweeter relationship. It has been a joy these last few years to have a relationship with her that has extended beyond the "grandmother/granddaughter" roles and has become a friendship. She is a wonderful example to me of love, patience, self-sacrifice, wisdom, perseverance, and thoughtfulness...attributes that I hope to be described by when I am 85! I have so much to learn from her and the way she has lived her life and I am glad I had another opportunity to glean from her this week! I look forward to seeing her again soon...perhaps at her lovely new home in Florida! =)
After the park we met my dad and Carla at the timeshare swimming pool. It was a great pool for kids and they had a lot of fun. And, yes, they still wear water wings! We hope to get them in swim lessons soon but in the meantime, the water wings provide this mama some poolside peace of mind. =)
What a great "Grandpoo" he is to my kiddos! Here he is bonding with the Sistah-pooks!
They loved the "little pool with the bubbles" (a.k.a. the hot tub)
I love my dad! So handsome! So photogenic!
I am blessed to call this man my father! He loves me (and my family!) so much and shows it by his kind words, constant encouragement, generosity, thoughtful gestures, friendly phone chats, hugs, smiles, and more! I just wish we could see him more often! We miss him!
Friday night Dave and Carolyn had us all over for a yummy meal of Swedish Meatballs. It was neat to spend the evening together with both of our families and the food was delicious!
How neat it was to see my grandmother and Daniel's grandmother together! They were born a month apart...back in 1924! Pretty cool!
After dinner the boys and Uncle Lucas played a little Beatles Rock Band! Playing "Rock Band" is something the boys look forward to every time we go to Grandma and Grandpa's. In anticipation of the evening's diversion they dressed appropriately. Notice their t-shirts...

No comments:
Post a Comment