Friday, March 26, 2010

Daniel vs. the Chickens

If you've ever been to Kauai you know there are chickens EVERYWHERE! The story goes that when Hurricane Iniki hit the island in 1992 it left chicken coops upended all over the island and all the thousands of domestic, normally cooped chickens escaped and started breeding with the wild chickens. The result: chickens, lots of chickens...everywhere. Anyway, they (in particular, the roosters who crow at any hour, day or night) are quite a nuisance and Daniel is on a mission to rid the island of them...well, the school campus anyway.


Here he is, back in December, building his first trap. It works well enough but Daniel, a man of efficiency, has decided that catching one chicken at a time is well, not efficient. So...

yesterday he decided to build a somewhat larger trap that he figures will catch 6-12 chickens at a time! My husband...I love him! Oh, and for the record, I don't know and I don't want to know what happens to the chickens once they're caught.

Soon to be replacing all "time out" chairs across the nation...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Well, I heard you mention a few weeks ago how many meals you can get out of a Costco rotisserie chicken...