Friday, June 17, 2011

There is No Method

to my (blogging) madness. Sorry, but here comes another slew of unrelated pictures. The only thing that connects them really is the fact that they were all taken within the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!

Hmm...I seem to recall this being a past-time of another one of my monkeys. Perhaps you remember too! Click here for a trip down memory lane.

A Cane Spider just chillin' on our wall. These things are HUGE! This particular one was about 4 inches wide.

Waiting for the 2:00 class to end so they can have their turn!

She loved the "wa-wa" and was always very excited to get in. She did a great job and based on her "performance" (for lack of a better term) I'm fairly certain we've got a little fish on our hands.

I guess there was an "incident" last summer with an undiapered three year-old so the pool now requires all children under 5 to wear swim diapers. Jonathan didn't quite know what to think when I pulled out the diaper for him to put on. The kid has been potty trained for nearly 2 years! He was reluctant at first but in the end was a good sport about it. He called them his "swim roll-ups" (I'm pretty sure he was mixing up the terms Pull-up and Fruit Roll-ups) and would correct me every time I slipped and said "swim diaper".

Da boys and da girl

Jonathan's the one in the red cap.
I don't have any of Lizzie in the water because I'm always in the water with her!

Aden's swim class meets at the beach on Wednesdays to learn about and experience playing in the waves with currents and under tow, etc. He has had a blast and has gotten a lot more comfortable playing in the water. I think it is a pretty cool element to the swim lessons considering we live on an island and 99% of the swimming we do is in the ocean and not in pools. I'll post some pics of his pool lessons soon!
In case you were wondering, Aden is in the center of the picture wearing light blue trunks standing next to the boy with the yellow trunks. Yep, that's him, the pasty white ha'ole!

One of my favorite things about being a mom is encountering scenes like this. Such care and precision went into this stuffed animal naptime set-up.
 And for a close-up...
The little lamb

The blue turtle

And the red fishie

Apparently Jonathan thought he should save the rest of his apple for later. You think it's safe to say that all my "there are children starving in Africa" lectures are making an impression on him?


We are loving the fact that Daddy's work schedule is a little more relaxed these days. Hooray for summer! He has had more time to do fun stuff with the kids like build crazy, large Lincoln Log "car washes" and super tall Lego towers.
Aren't dads the best!? I could never build something this cool!

And Daniel has even had the chance to introduce "Carcassonne" to the boys! They LOVE it!
What can I say, they are their mother's children!
Although, they do play a much friendlier version of the game than I'm used to. They become "friends" and build castles and roads together. It's cute and all but boy will they be in for a surprise the day Daddy decides to show his true game playing colors! ;) And for the record, Jonathan (at a mere 3.75 years) won the first time the three of them played together.

Side-by-side siblings...taking in a Netflix instant download of "Super Why"...their new favorite show.

Mommy's sunglasses on top of Daddy's glasses on top of the cutest, sweetest face ever!

Do you ever have morbid thoughts like, "What would happen if my husband and I both died, at the same time, unbeknownst to anyone else and my children were left all alone and unattended? Would they survive?"  (c/mon, you've all heard those crazy toddler survival stories!) Well, I'm pretty sure Lizzie would do just fine. Yesterday I was working on dinner but hungry Lizzie decided she couldn't wait any longer for food. She 100% independently opened the fridge, reached to the back and picked out yogurt, closed the fridge, opened the utensil drawer and got a spoon, climbed up into a chair, peeled off the yogurt lid, and sat and spoon-fed herself the entire container's worth. Seriously, "independent" is an understatement for this child.


Our very own Monster Jam Rally!
Of course Lizzie is right there in the middle of it. She was in charge of lining up the smash cars.

And on a less happy note, my little princess has been sick the past couple of days...
Poor baby! Shes's got a cool rag on her head to try to bring her fever down. It was 103.9 when I took this picture. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow...

1 comment:

emily said...

you know what I love about your blog? I love how you love your babies. It is so evident - you're an amazing mama.