This year we had the Christmas Eve gathering at our house. We ate a yummy prime rib dinner, sang Christmas carols, played games, and watched the kiddos open a couple of presents. We had a nice time!
The chocolate cake that I made for our Christmas Eve dessert. I got the idea from last year's December issue of Family Fun.
I had this cute little red and green Christmas outfit picked out for her and of course she insisted on wearing her hot pink slippers with it. Oh well.
All three of my kids were sick this Christmas and you can totally see it in their faces...tired eyes, snotty noses, flushed faces. They had fevers, chills, a cough, and runny noses that lasted for two weeks! Boy was I glad when we got over that hump!
I think our kids each had one toy gun (wooden with no form of ammo) prior to Rebekah's visit. I think we have close to ten now (with various forms of ammo...balls, caps, foam discs, etc.) Yes, you can tell this gal has been in the army!
Notice the little bow that I added to Elizabeth's pajamas...I had to make them look a little more girly!
...a Melissa & Doug "Joey" doll. They each got one and they LOVE them! They have had a lot of fun dressing up their dolls and mixing up the costumes. The set comes with clothing and accessory pieces for a pirate, a super hero, a police officer, a fireman, a knight, and a construction worker. I found these at Macy's on Black Friday for $6.50 each! What a steal! Although, the boys have liked them so much I'd pay the full $12.99 price for them if I had to!
Dave, Ralph, and Daniel set it up once the kids went to bed so they'd see it for the first time on Christmas morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment