Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kokee

On Thursday we took a last minute trip to Kokee ("the mountains" in Kauai.) We had a splendid time! We saw some beautiful sights, went on a great woodsy hike, played games, enjoyed time with friends of ours who were also up there, and enjoyed having a get-away as a family . I didn't take many pictures while we were there (I kept leaving my camera in the cabin!) but here are a few that I did take. Enjoy!

Our sweet little rustic cabin. We decided that this is the perfect alternative to tent camping when you have three little ones. It's rustic enough that you still feel like you're roughing it yet having a bathroom, a kitchen, and bedrooms makes it SO much easier to pull off with small children. We will definitely do this again!

If you click on this picture you'll see that it was raining when I took this shot. Cool weather and rain...perfect!

The dirt road that lead to other nearby cabins and some mountain mist in the background.

My silly boy with his hat over his eyes!

Aden boy playing ball in the meadow. This meadow would be a perfect place for some Ultimate Frisbee! Next time maybe...

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Rain on the TIN roof....that must have been a sweet sound to your ears. And so cozy! It looks like you've got a nice Hawaiian alternative to "our" Mammoth cabin. But I bet you missed the mischievous bears!! Maybe we'll get the chance to join you in Kokee sometime soon....Besides, Jacob and I could really use a good round of Bohnanza, and a nice tall mocha! Miss you guys SO much!!!!