Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Fun

 Getting ready to make caramel apples! Such a fun Fall treat...

 Aden was pretty excited about the dipping!

 No wonder caramel is so good...butter, sugar, and cream, oh my!

 The finished product!

She's ready to dig in!


 Daddy doing the grunt work...

 The baby girl with her baby pumpkin.

 The boys each picked these faces from the millions of examples on Google Images. I love that they both picked sweet, happy faces! =)

 They were quite pleased with their jack-o-lanterns...

 I love this picture for two reasons. It shows the silly personalities of these two precious monkeys AND it shows how ridiculously fingerprinted the windows are on our front door. Um, can you say Windex?! Sheesh...

 Jonathan is holding the pumpkin craft that he made at Library story time last week. He had so much fun making it and he was very proud of it. Of all the kids, he is the most "into" crafts and puts a lot of thought into his masterpieces.

 Happy Halloween!

 She kept taking the lid off and peeking inside. She thought it was pretty cool that there was a candle inside!

My farm animals...chicken, piggy, and sheep.

Have you ever seen a cuter piggy? She was thrilled because her entire costume was pink! Although, (as predicted) the snout lasted all of 2 minutes!

 The happiest chicken I ever saw! This costume was a 3T...can you tell it was a bit small on my "off the charts" four year-old? Well, we ditched the pants (not only because they came up to mid-shin but because they were fleece and a bit hot for Hawaii) and went with orange shorts and orange flip-flops. It worked well! Aden wore this costume when he was two and a half and I was happy to see it used again.

And, yes, I was the farmer! =)

 Grandma, I mean, Snow White joined us for some Fall Festival fun. When the kids first saw her in her costume they just stared and stared. They were speechless. It was pretty cute!

 I think the pipe cleaner piggy tail was my favorite element to her costume! I only spent $6 on her costume. The pants and onesie were $2 each at Walmart, the Beanie was $1 at Walmart, and the felt (ears) and pipe cleaner (tail) were less than $1 combined. She already had the pink crocs. The best part is that I can just unstitch the ears and tail and voila, we have a completely wearable outfit!

 Striking a piggy pose...


As the night wore on Aden's costume started falling apart. It rained for a while and the cotton on his costume absorbed the water well! =)

 By the end of the night it was looking pretty bad and to add to the comedy, everywhere you looked on campus there were bits of cotton. Seriously, the kid left a trail wherever he went.

So unfortunately, unlike Lizzie's costume, this one will end up in the trash. This costume cost nearly 3x as
 much money as hers and didn't go nearly as well. I spent $6 for the long-sleeved, hooded shirt; $7 in cotton balls, and $4 in glue...he had the pants and the boots already. But, this is a perfect example of how making a homemade costume doesn't always pay off! I'm kind of bummed that I spent $17 plus my time and energy on this and it will be going into the trash! Oh well, you win some you lose some... =)

No comments: