Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lately

 Their favorite mid-morning snack: yogurt and graham crackers. Since they were outside I let Lizzie hold her own yogurt. She's still learning how to manage that. (note the "yogurted" cement)

 I love seeing the three of them play together. Here they are huddled under the slide...

 According to Jonathan the slide needed some fixing. And yes, she's still in her pjs...at 10:00 in the morning despite being up since 6:00!

So, do they count as safety goggles if the lens is missing? 

 My silly, sweet, happy, monkey boy

 They play on this thing all.the.time. The "every day, several times a day, for long periods of time" version of "all the time". Woo Hoo! Hooray for swings and slides!

 The boys on are a coloring kick. Big time. They spend at least an hour a day coloring. I love it! It is a calm and quiet-ish activity, I genuinely enjoy coloring with them (as opposed to me pretending, for example, that I am excited to play Cootie for the 4th day in a row), and they have improved DRAMATICALLY in their coloring skills (and there is nothing quite like seeing your kids make progress, right?!) So, I am doing what I can to encourage them in this current passion of theirs. Don't be fooled by this picture though. Although Jonathan has improved significantly in his coloring abilities, in this picture he was actually helping me finish up the pirate ship that I started.

 Pink karate people. Sweet.

Another super fun thing that we have been doing lately is K-PAL Basketball with Aden. Daniel, Dave, and I are coaching and it is A LOT of fun. It is a great league. The focus is to have fun while introducing the kids to the game. It only costs $25 to participate, we practice for an hour on Tuesdays and have two 30-minute games on Saturdays, and the season is only 6 weeks long. Then, because we are the coaches, Jonathan gets to practice with us and because I am helping coach, Carolyn comes to the practices and games to help with Lizzie. Seriously, the whole family is involved. It has proven to be built-in family time for us and I for one will miss it when the season is over. 
 Coach Dan with the sweetest (and youngest) player on the team

 Their first game. We are the orange jerseys (Aden's choice) and we are the Kilauea Pacers (Daniel's choice.) Aden is there at the top of the key and Daniel is the referee. I wish I had some better pictures of this whole basketball experience but I have found that between coaching the players, tending to Lizzie, and only having a simple point and shoot camera with no real zoom makes getting some good shots nearly impossible. Maybe I can put Dave on the task at the next game.

 Coach Dan and Cheerleader Lizzie...sucking her thumb, as usual.

She's giving the team a pep talk

 If she only cared half as much about her crazy hair as she does about her bling and jewelry...
She is a serious ragamuffin.

 Unfortunately she actually learned how to blow that football whistle that is dangling from her neck. Good times.
Check out the rings on her thumb...

I'm ready for Mardi Gras!

 She even tries to pass these rolling pin rubber thingys off as bracelets!

 The "goatie goats" as we affectionately call them. They love to be fed palm frawns. Thankfully we are surrounded by them and therefore have an endless supply of goat food whenever we feel like hanging out with these cute and frisky neighbors of ours.

Story time with Grandma. Look at Aden boy hold his sister. Melts my heart!

   Um, did I mention that Grandma was here? How could you tell?

On Thursdays we have Bible Study at our house. The kids are quite helpful in getting the house ready for the evening. 
 Here's Aden on mop duty...

 Lulu with the broom, and Jon Jon with the vacuum. They are the floor crew and I am thankful for them.

 A woman on a mission. Always.

 Who doesn't love a tuna SANDwich? This is why it is good to eat, THEN play.

 I wonder what she sees?

 Hi there!

  Nearly nine months later and the dog ears are still a regular part of his wardrobe.

 Not sure what is cuter, the fact that she put her brother's shorts on over her clothes (along with the hat) or the fact that she has a Bible tucked under he arm.
 My feisty (but spiritual) fashionista

Last weekend we took the Jr. and Sr. highers up to the mountains for a retreat. We left Lizzie and Jonathan with Dave and Carolyn and took Aden with us. It was great! The little ones had a great time with “Grandma and Grandpa” and Aden LOVED hanging out with the “Big Kids” at the retreat. Of course, all the girls adored Aden and took turns giving him piggy back rides and playing games with him. I hardly knew what to do with my time. Aden is such a big boy now I barely even had to look after him…especially with all those other “mommies” on hand to take care of him. It was really nice and proved to be a true “retreat” for this mama! =)

 Here he is...such a big boy walking from his cabin to the main lodge by himself

It rained and rained and rained while we were there and it was MUH-DEE but the kids had a blast regardless. On Friday they did some "community service" type jobs around the camp and they got filthy! And wet! And cold!  
 Can you see the mud?

 "Mr. Moore" hard at work.

Shoveling mulch piles


Aden jumped right in and helped. He was definitely in his element. Look at his filthy, barefoot/in flip flops feet and the too-big gloves on his little hands. Too cute!


No comments: