One week has passed since Jonathan's fall and life is beginning to return to normal. He got his staples out today and his head seems to be healing just fine. He was very brave and only cried a little at the end. The last three staples had scabbed over a bit and were more painful to remove than the others. But the cool Monster Jam sticker from the doctor's office and the ice cream sundae from McDonald's on the way home made everything all better! At this point the only remaining "concern" is that of preventing another head injury within the next three weeks. His head/brain needs time to heal before sustaining any more injury. Unfortunately, the concept of "taking it easy" is not one that is easily understood by an almost three-year old who feels perfectly healthy! That being said, I find myself a little more anxious about his moment to moment well-being these days. I rush to his side at the slightest hint of an injury...a loud noise, a cry, etc. and when I ask him what happened (no matter where we are in the house!) he usually replies, "I didn't fawh off da balcony, Mommy." Oh Jonathan! Anyway, the date of his third birthday party (August 21st) coincides almost exactly with the one month mark so we've told him that on that day he'll get to jump in the bounce house and go on the slip-n-slide and otherwise return to normal in regards to his physical activity. He's looking forward to that!
We continue to praise God and thank him for the mercy He's shown us through this. Each time we pull into the driveway Daniel and I look at each other and shake our heads in disbelief as we stare at the distance between the balcony and the driveway below. We can't help but repeat the phrase that has been on our lips all week, "God is so good to us!"
Thank you again for all of your love and support through this. It has been so sweet to receive "Get Well" cards and gifts in the mail, and email, blog, and Facebook messages on the computer. We really have felt that you all have been by our sides this past week and we're grateful for you. Thank you again!
This picture was taken on Saturday.
Yes, he's the same old silly boy!

2 comments:
Aim, we have been praying for Jonathan but I hadn't read your blog yet to see EXACTLY how it all happened. I started crying so hard reading it! Such a blessing that sweet Jon Jon lived through that fall. That truly is a parents worse nightmare and I just cried harder when you said you looked over the balcony and saw him lying there not moving. That feeling you had, must have no words. We love you guys and are so thankful that you get your sweet boy to love on and hug and kiss tonight!!
back from a trip and just now reading through all the posts on Jonathan's mishap - SO glad it turned out well in the end; so many praises to God!
Post a Comment