Monday, January 25, 2010

Oahu

Last week my Mom and Jesse flew me and Elizabeth over to Oahu to join them for a couple of days on their vacation. We had a great time! Jesse was so sweet to let shopping be the focus of our time together! He even let me steal my mom for an entire day so we could "shop 'til we drop" at the Ala Moana Shopping Center!
It's always hard for me to leave the boys...even when I know they're in good hands...but once I got to Oahu I realized how refreshing even a small get-away can be!

It was neat to experience a different island for a few days. And different it is! Oahu (well, Honolulu at least) is very different from Kauai. There is a multiple lane freeway with on-ramps and off-ramps, there are skyscrapers, there's all kinds of shopping, there's a night life...the list goes on. It was definitely fun but I have to admit, when I got in my car and started heading home on the one main two-lane road on the island of Kauai without a skyscraper in sight it felt good to be home.

The Hilton Hawaiian Village was a beautiful resort! Here's the view from our hotel room...



Dimples!

Giggly girl

My little drooly bug!

The girls

Thanks again Mom and Jesse!
And a BIG thanks to Dave and Carolyn and Daddy for taking care of my other two babies!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Such fun! I can't wait to make it back to Hawaii - the thrill and excitement of Oahu and the peacefulness of Kauai. We're working on booking our trip soon!