Friday, July 3, 2009

Moving Madness

We're moments away from packing up the computer and I'm guessing it will be a few weeks before I'll see it again. So, here's one last post from good ol' California!

This is the 20 foot container that will be loaded (by sweet family and friends) with all of our stuff and taken to the docks at Long Beach Harbor where it will be lifted onto a ship that sails across the Pacific and meets us in Hawaii in about two weeks. Whew!

This is part way through the loading process. Will our sofas make the cut? TBD!

An example of Daniel's strategic loading.

Above and Below: Some shots of the current state of our house. You gotta love moving!


This is where I slept last night! Yes, on the sofa, in the garage, with a bath towel as a blanket! Poor Aden threw up all over his bed last night (about 3:00am) and woke up Jonathan in the process. I moved both boys into bed with Dan figuring I could just go sleep on the couch. I had forgotten that the sofas had both been moved out to the garage earlier that day AND all of our blankets were packed! I was SO tired I fell right to sleep and woke up (like always) to the boys crawling on me and asking for breakfast.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow--that container does not look very big! But if anyone can maximize the space inside, it is your husband.

I can't believe in just a few days you will be leaving for Hawaii! So far away...but I am confident that someday God will allow us to see each other and introduce the new members of our families. (I'm personally hoping to see you in your new home, during a long cold Pennsylvania winter :).)

We'll be praying for your exciting week.

Sayling the Range said...

Awww....thanks for posting the pics, this is quite the unconventional move isn't it?! Love the story about sleeping in the garage...classic isn't it, that kids get sick right at these times. Can't wait to hear about life in Kauai...and can't believe you are "gone"!! we love you all...