On Saturday Daniel was helping some friends move so I decided to take the boys to Home Depot again for their Kids' Workshop. I thought Aden would really enjoy this particular workshop because the kids were making little wooden wheelbarrows. Wheelbarrows...right up this "yard work-loving" boy's ally, right? Well, as soon as we pulled into the parking lot Aden asked if we could go look at the "yard work stuff". He likes to check out all of the lawn mowers, weed whackers, edgers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, blowers, rototillers, rakes, etc. Anyway, I told him that we would go see all that stuff once we finished making our wheelbarrows. Well, within about two minutes of being there the first of four trains passed by the parking lot and the cute little Home Depot Kids' workshop quickly turned into a "let's see how fast Mommy can put these two little wheelbarrows together so we can move onto to bigger and better things like watching trains go by and perusing the yard equipment aisles of Home Depot." Well, at least each of the boys hit the head of a nail a couple of times so I can actually say that they "helped" but as we were heading home Aden said, "Thank you Mommy for taking me to Home Depot. I ike ooking at the tools and I ike the trains too!" To which I replied, "You're welcome honey. Did you have fun building your wheelbarrow?" and he said, "I have fun ooking at the tools and the trains Mommy." So, there you have it...the REAL reason why Aden likes the Home Depot Kids' Workshops.
This was just moments before the first train blew by.
This is where he spent the remainder of the time. He had a better view of the tracks from the lightpost.
Buckled into a stroller with a toy car to play with...my means of keeping at least one of my children contained (safe) and content while I hammer away at the projects...seeing how these workshops are in the middle of a busy parking lot!
Once the projects were finished Aden quickly declared, "It's not a 'weebarrow' Mommy, it's a 'awn mower!" This kid makes EVERYTHING into a "awn mower!"
Jonathan hammering the directions =)
Later that day Aden and Daddy got to mow the lawn togehter...Aden's FAVORITE weekend activity!
Here's a shot of him from this afternoon. He pulled the lawn mower out of the shed himself and pushed it all around the backyard. Of course it was not on...he was just pretending.
1 comment:
That's funny. I love the one of Aden on the lightpost...he looks like he's attached! And the one of Daniel and Aden mowing...adorable!
Post a Comment