
This darling little rocking chair has been in Daniel's family since the mid-late 1800's. Daniel's dad's cousin Jill and her husband Mark were kind enough to ship it to us so our boys could enjoy it. And enjoy it they do! It is a favorite reading spot for both of them. Thank you Mark and Jill for your thoughtfulness!

This rocking chair isn't quite as old but I still think it's quite special since it is the very chair that my dad was rocked in when he was a baby back in 1945 and it has been in our family's home for as long as I can remember. The wicker has been painted and the cushions recovered several times. Growing up it was painted white with yellow upholstery. When my parents passed it on to us I painted it brown and recovered the cushions with a red fabric. Our boys spend more time in this chair than we do. I think they like that they can sit in it together. Here's a cute shot of them reading together in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment