Friday, October 3, 2008

Waiting For Snow





Everyday this week Aden has wanted to play in the snow. He puts on his snow hat and snow gloves, grabs his "snow shovel" from the sand box, and tells me that he wants to dig in the snow. Now, there are two funny things about this: 1) It has been in the 90's all week with sun, heat, and humidity and 2) Aden has never even seen snow much less play in it! Where does he come up with this stuff? Anyway, I love the top two pictures because he sat in the chair for quite some time as if he were waiting for it to start snowing. Poor kid. Little does he know that given that we live in Southern California he'll have to wait a LONG time for that! The last picture I had to include because it was the hottest day all week and he insisted on wearing his jacket! He was crying because he didn't want to pose for the picture and I made him...what a stinker!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

So Funny!!!

Katie Scott said...

Waht a cute little guy you have there! Have you heard of that fake snow you can buy? My sister-in-law just ordered a bunch of it for my neice's birthday party. It is a powder and you just add water. Pretty cool stuff and I don't think that it was very expensive. I kind find out where she bought it if you are interested.

Courtney said...

Maybe he could just visit Pennsylvania! It has been getting down into the upper 30s at night here--our first snow could be within weeks. (But I hope it waits awhile!)

Mindy said...

When my mom was a little girl living in Anaheim, CA she wanted snow for Christmas so badly that she prayed as hard as she could...and guess what? it snowed in Anaheim!! So maybe he just has more faith than the rest of us! :)