Friday, June 13, 2008

Garden Goodness



As you can see our zucchini plant is doing very well! We get new zucchini daily. So far we've made grilled zucchini, steamed zucchini, and stuffed zucchini, and zucchini bread is in the plans. If you have any yummy recipes that call for zucchini, please pass them along.

3 comments:

Juliette said...

I just read a book about people who did a year of growing their own food. Not the best, but interesting. They have a website with all their recipes here: http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/Recipes.html

She said the zucchini was out of control - they had way too much, and she was aghast when somebody anonymously left a large paper bag of zucchinis on her doorstep. Needless to say, they got creative using up their zucchini! I'm so curious to hear more reviews of how those zucchini chocolate chip cookies actually taste! (her 9yr old had them at her bday party and all the kids loved them...?!?)

Enjoy that long California growing season! We're trying hanging strawberries and tomatoes on our balcony, but the short growing season in Germany makes me wonder...

Wendy said...

My mom says (because I won't touch the stuff) that if you cut it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seedy part and stuff it with tuna salad, it's quite good.
You could also freeze them for the winter when they're out of season. 'Course, it seems like you can grow anything at anytime in So.Ca.

Courtney said...

I have also read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and was very curious about the zucchini chocolate chip cookies--maybe I'll try them if we get zucchini from our CSA later in the summer.

But anyway...we like to slice zucchini into discs, top it with grated parmesan or romano, and bake it until the cheese is melted. Yummy!