This past week and a half has been a bit crazy in the Moore household. We decided that our 50-year-old house was due for a new set of pipes. If you have no experience with repiping a house, believe me when I say that it thoroughly disrupts any sense of routine or normalcy that you (or your small children) usually find comforting. We had a trench dug up the entire length of our front yard, a corner of our driveway was jack-hammered to pieces, exterior walls were drilled through, interior walls were cut and/or smashed, entire contents of closets, cabinets, and drawers were emptied and temporarily relocated, water was turned off every day for almost a week, a team of men (anywhere from 3 to 7) were scattered throughout the house everyday for six days, and just when we thought the madness was over (ie. the plumber's truck pulled away) we turned around and realized that our job (of cleaning up after the whole ordeal) was just beginning. Fortunately my mom and her husband, Jesse, drove down here from Roseville to help us get things in order. The original plan was to have Jesse simply repair, texture, and paint the damaged portion of each wall. However, when the time came to do the texture it just seemed to make more sense to texture and paint the whole bathroom. Well, that led to the decision to put in a new sink/cabinet combo, which meant that new flooring would need to be laid too. Then of course, since everything else was new, why not replace the toilet while we were at it. So it goes with home repair and upgrading...one thing inevitably leads to another. Anyway, we are so thankful to have the copper repipe behind us. It is a home improvement that we have been wanting to do for quite some time. We are also thrilled to have two beautiful new bathrooms. I've posted a few pictures to show you the process. I'll post pictures of the master bath once we finish it. There's still a bit more work to be done in there.

The trench they dug for the new water main.
Aden loved watching the jack hammer and all morning said, "Mommy, I see a man?" (Mom, can I go watch the man?) Since I couldn't spend all day on the driveway with Aden I brought his high chair out to the driveway and strapped him in so he could safely watch the action. He had a blast!
One of three cut outs in the master bathroom. As you can see, they demolished the wood of the cabinet along with the wall =(
Another cut out in the master bathroom (with the new copper pipes in place.)
The cut out in the hall bathroom before Jesse's repair work.
The cut out in the hall bathroom after Jesse's repair work.Pictures of the hall bathroom...
Before

During
After






5 comments:
Ugh, I remember re-piping! :( But the new B&W bathroom is stunning!!! Wow, I'm jealous :)
Hi there- old friend of Daniel here - I have to say I think the best part is that you just put Aden out there strapped to his highchair to watch the jackhammering. Hilarious - and good thinking! Congrats on the new bathroom, what a relief to finally be done!
Looks beautiful Aim!
Can't wait to see it in person!! Looks great!
Wow! You've been waiting for this for a long time-looks like it was worth the wait!
Post a Comment